Child Safety Seat Fitting Locations
CLICK HERE FOR 2018 COUNTY-BY-COUNTY LIST OF FITTING STATIONS
(Map below is in the process of being updated.)
Child Safety Seat inspections are free of charge, but generally by appointment only. Please call your nearest inspection station to set up an appointment. Click on your county below to find fitting stations near you.
Each inspection with a certified technician takes about 20-30 minutes, depending on the seat and the vehicle.
During the inspection, the technician will:
- Check the child safety seat to see that it has been properly installed;
- Remove and inspect the child safety seat for damage;
- Diagnose problems;
- Ensure the child safety seat is not a recalled model;
- Gather information about child occupants from the vehicle owner and ensure the child safety seat is appropriate for the size and age of the child;
- Teach the vehicle owner the correct procedure to properly and safely install the child safety seat in his or her vehicle;
- Show the vehicle owner how to secure the child in the child safety seat; and
- Discuss other vehicles and child safety seats the child may ride in and provide instructions on how to repeat the correct procedure with other seats or when installing the seat in other cars.